Monday, July 21, 2008

Staycation Safari

It's true. It's really hot. Our apartment turned into a jungle and Claire got her face mauled by a Tiger.












Actually, we were eating a lovely dinner and trying a new (for us) beer that I've had my eye on because of the awesome label. At some point Claire realized that her face was getting a little hot, even for the conditions in our apartment. A trip to the mirror confirmed what I already told her: her face was bright red (and, if you can believe her, burny. Apparently a reaction she occasionally experiences with some alcohol.)
While she medicated with an ice pack and towel, I did what any manly boyfriend would do and killed the Tiger. I think it will make a nice rug.

3 comments:

theodore said...

i remember drinking quite a bit of Tiger (usually chasing whiskey) during my time in sri lanka. it was like budweiser over there, as far as overall popularity (and arguably, taste). maybe it had something to do with the tamils...

ron said...

I actually thought it was pretty OK, especially for how cheap it was.($2.69 for the 22 oz. I love the individual beer end cap at the Clayton Schnucks). And I would argue that it's a bit better than Budweiser, but then I've never been particularly fond of Belgian beer.

Unknown said...

hello darlings,

i am greatly enjoying your blog, but let's have some more posts, people. what, do you have jobs or something? what could possibly be keeping you from posting frequently enough to satisfy my clairald fix? (btw, i tried ronissa first...)